The Network will specifically address the application of computational methods to the contextualization of records within archival collections, both digitized and born-digital, transforming disconnected records into annotated ‘knowledge graphs’ that integrate historical context and connections. The Network will host a series of interconnected events:
- Research Symposium at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC, and the University of Maryland (US), April 4-5, 2019
- Datathon at The National Archives (UK), June 20-21, 2019
- Datathon at the Maryland State Archives (US), October 28-29, 2019
- BLOG: Student-Led “Datathon” at the Maryland State Archives, November 5, 2019, Richard Marciano
- Research Symposium at the Alan Turing Institute (UK), January 20, 2020:
- BLOG: CAS Symposium at the Turing, Richard Marciano.